Monday 26 October 2015

October Catch Up


Hello people...

It's been a while hasn't it. Oops! How have you all been? Seeing as I can't have a one on one chat with each and every one of you, I guess I'll explain what's going on with me here and hope some of you reply in the comments. (Hint hint ay ay)

So I am now into my second year of A levels at the mo, well just started my second year. I'm doing History, English literature and Geography and hoping to do History at university.

University. What a palaver that is eh. I've obviously been round a few (Durham, Warwick...) and will be applying very shortly. I can't decide whether I'm nervous or excited. I think the application process is a bit daunting (hopefully I'm going to get some post ups about it) but the thought of actually being a student is so exciting. I think it's the independence and studying a subject you love  (yes, I'm a little bit* of a history nerd) which is so cool.

I have actually been trying to think of ways to incorporate some of my subjects into my blog so parts of my blog are relevant to what I study every day of my life. I couldn't really think of anything as we all study different subjects on different exam boards but if you think of anything would be helpful, let me know as I'd love to try it!

What else? Well I got a new coat. Might seem a bit random but it's prompted me to start writing about fashion again so hopefully you'll see some more of them in the future. I'm currently planning an Autumn/Winter 15 Style Guide which I need to start writing. Else it'll be Spring before I post it.

I also got a new job recently. I am now a Super Market Assistant at Waitrose. It's all very exciting, plus it's great pay! I've been working there properly for about 2 months now (after a long application process) and it's actually really enjoyable. I know the John Lewis/Waitrose Partnership is somewhere a lot of teens and students want to work- about 90% of my year work there. So if you're interested or need any advice on the application process/interviews or what it's like working there, give me a shout. Seeing as I have friends in just about every department in John Lewis and Waitrose, I'm sure I could actually put together a really useful post.

I am also already excited for Christmas. I'm going skiing over New Years to Austria which should be fun but I'm also really excited for the good ol' Christmas spirit. Sounds a bit cheesy but it actually does make a difference. I'm already preparing and planning all the posts I want to go up over Christmas. Gift guides for just about everyone, baking and anything else I can think. Whilst planning these, I got into the Christmassy mood so I have decided I'm gonna Christmas up my blog. So don't be surprised if you see a few snowflakes appear and a Christmas countdown. (I literally just thought of that and am now sat here feeling like an absolute genius!)

What are you going as to Halloween this year? I am going as a zombie. But don't worry, as I probably made pretty obvious in my Halloween post, I'm not going trick or treatin'. There comes a time where you just have to stop. Sorry guys.

So there you go, that's what's going on with me and where my blog is heading over the next few months. Please leave a comment or tweet me to let me know how you all are, else I'm sat here feeling a bit lonely...

Thanks for reading and stay tuned!

Laura Stone x

*A LOT of a history nerd!!

Keep reading...
 
Halloween!!
40 thoughts we all have in sixth form
 
The love/hate tag


No comments:

Post a Comment