Saturday 19 September 2015

What's in my school bag?

 
Hello lovelies!
 
So before I get into my 'what's in my school bag', I just wanted to say something quickly. So on last Saturday I finally uploaded the first post in my 'Let's talk about...' series. I was talking about the judgements and misconceptions of wearing makeup in the modern world. As you can probably tell if you've read it, it's a post that I've been working hard on to perfect for ages and I was quite nervous about posting it. But I'd just like to say thank you! The response I got was amazing and even though it's my newest post, it's got double the views of my previous most viewed blog post! Wow! I'm quite a small blogger so to have 500 views in less than a day on one post was just overwhelming. If you haven't read it yet, check it out here!
 
Okay so onto today's post, 'what's in my school bag? For some reason, I love reading/watching these so I thought I'd have a go now that I'm using my school bag daily. You can see my bag in the picture above, it's a large black shoulder bag from TK Maxx. Some of this stuff is a bit weird but it's just what I took into school before writing this post...
 
*I'm sorry about the photographs, the lighting was awful on this particular day and I am not an expert quite yet, my apologies!*
 
 
I'm not sure how much I need to explain the items in the post... It's pretty self explanatory? I love the Taylor Swift perfume (despite being against buying celebrities products ugh.)
 
My little Ted Baker purse in hot pink is great to walk up to the shops with. I know it's quite bright pink but most of my stuff is black so it makes it easy to find! Actually I've been wondering this for a while, how many of you go out of school to get lunch and who sticks with the (sorry, language) shitty canteen dinners?
 
 

 
Okay, okay, I'm a girl. So no matter what you say, I will always argue that bringing a little bag full of girly things is essential. Possibly the only thing that is essential in my little bag is the tampon. (Middle right if you can't spot it... It's like a where's wally of beauty products!)
 
 Some weirder things I bring include: a tooth brush and paste in case I decide to have curry, my Clarrins hand cream and a compact deodorant. Just in case, you know? The pretty blue pouch, if you were wondering, is full of hair bands and bobby pins for the regular hair emergencies I experience.

 
Nail clippers!! For those of us with long nails (which I love, no matter who thinks they're "too long"), nail clippers are essential. You don't know when one of those pesky nails could break and you don't want a scruffy nail that catches everything, do you!

 
If I could take one thing to school, it wouldn't be my books or pens, it would be gum or my headphones. They're  essentials to get you through any day (especially when you make the stupid decision to eat a tuna sandwich!)

 
Yup, you could guess these were next. I walk to and from school so if my friend isn't walking, headphones are lifesavers. I also like listening to music as I walk round school if I'm on my own because it makes me feel a lil badass. I normally listen to rap but then can hardly control myself when I actually know the rap... it's a real struggle.

 
Carrying my laptop to and from school is annoying but essential. I don't take my laptop everyday, just when I know I've got a free so can get on with some work. Also, there's a weird grown up feeling I get when I whip my laptop out and start working, it's almost like being at uni ay.

 
My school stuff! Oh my. I have actually already done a school supplies haul that has all my school stuff, including folders, diaries and stationary. But here's quick overview for the lazier readers:

- Clear pencil case: pens, highlighters, pencils... (pretty basic stuff.)
-  Flashcards and post it notes
- Folders, folders and more folders!!
- A forest full of paper that seems to collect at the bottom of my bag despite my best organisational efforts.

I hope you enjoyed that everyone, I know it doesn't seem quite as meaningful as my last post but anyway. Also, hope you didn't mind, I was in a bit of a chatty mood writing this so excuse the occasional rambles. 

Thanks for reading and I'll see you next time!
 
Keep reading...
 
Jeans Jeans Jeans
So you're off to uni...
Top 5 hair saviours
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Hey Laura! I also have a hard time controlling myself when I listen to music haha! The other day, I was in the library listening to music and I had to keep myself from singing out loud. I also love your little bag of girly things. I have something similar, and it's so convenient to have around.

    http://welcometoalysworld.co.nr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ikr! It's a real problem. I find it really hard when its a rap that I know of by heart as I feel so cool XD Exactly! Thanks for reading :)

      Laura xx

      Delete