Sunday 22 March 2015

Best Budget Concealers

For me, concealing is the most important step (face wise). It's not for everyone, but if any of you suffer from break outs, discoloration or under eye circles then you will understand me.
 
I'm happy to pay good money but sometimes when I'm short on cash, I prefer to spend it elsewhere. That's why today I'm doing best concealers under £5 because there are definitely some fab ones out there if you know where to look. (And trust me, I've looked!)

Lets get right into it :)



 
 
This might be the obvious & clichĂ© but seriously 'Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer' is the bomb. You would laugh if you saw how many empty tubes of this I have in my draw.
 
It's an incredibly thick concealer for it's small price of £4.19 which is why I like it so much. Personally, I struggle with under eye circles badly so I use it under my eyes- for most people it might be a bit thick on such sensitive skin though. It works great on any real problem areas, spots and all.
If you don't have that bad 'imperfections', it might be a bit thick for you. But if you're looking for an affordable concealer that covers just about everything- this is the one for you.
(I'm in shade 1 or 2.)
 
 
 
I really like this concealer. It's soft and creamy which is perfect for a stick concealer. It has regular coverage: not too light or too thick. Sometimes I like to buy the lighter one and use it as a brightener as well. Can I just mention that it is £1. Convinced yet?
 
Generally, I use my finger to pat this in because else it's a bit dry. It sounds weird but the heat helps blend it in smoothly.
 
 
 

So far, the 2 I've talked about have been very thick and high coverage. I thought I'd include a good lighter coverage so here you go! Although I don't really use light coverage, I've tried this one and its really nice. It's creamy and brightening; perfect for under eyes that aren't verging on purple.


Talking about brightening....
 

If foundation or BB cream is enough coverage for you, try the collection illuminating concealer. It's like a highlighter/concealer mixed into one. Great for brightening under your eyes but also illuminating the bridge of your nose and cheek bones.

It's very blendable but I do feel sometimes it can vanish into your skin without making enough of a difference. To avoid this, try using a dense stippling brush instead of rubbing it with your finger.

Only just under £5, at £4.99- it's still an affordable price.

Thanks for reading and I hope this helped some of you out there. Remember, high end expensive makeup is great but if you're on a budget then there are always alternatives!
 
See you next time,
 
Laura Stone xx



No comments:

Post a Comment