Friday 13 February 2015

So, you've got your exam timetable...

You've finished your mocks and are starting to think about exams... not quite reached stressed but definitely heading that way. Then that awful bit of paper is handed to you- you're exam timetable. But what now?!
 

Don't panic. Okay, we all know how it feels to be overwhelmed by the gigantic list of dreaded exams that is presented to you. But don't worry, you're doing fine. I got my exam timetable and I hadn't even started revising at that point. At first, you might feel like its just you that hasn't started and you're already destined to fail, but you're not!


In fact, a little bit of stress might be the kick up the ass you need to actually get your head down and revise. It all depends on how well you're doing but at one point I was way too relaxed. Actually getting the dates will help give you more motivation as it's a physical date that you can't put off.

What else? Organisation is key. I know this sounds boring and tedious but trust me, it will help! As soon as I get my timetable, I colour code the different subjects so I can easily see which exams are when. For example, if all you're maths exams are very early on, you may want to get mentally prepared if you struggle with that subject in particular.

As well as colour coding, transferring the dates onto a style that suits you is also fab. Whether you prefer neat edexcel spreadsheets, putting them on your calendar or having countdowns on your phone. Any of these are useful so you're reminded everyday when your exams are to keep you motivated to revise.

Getting other people involved will help 'spread the load'. Your parents will probably want to put the dates on a calendar... let them! If they know when the hellish season is, they should be able to help keep you on task and wish you luck when it finally comes to it. And if you're lucky, after seeing your ridiculous exam time table, you may be let off chores to 'revise'.



Getting your exam timetable is not a bad thing, just don't let it overwhelm you. Use it as an excuse to actually start revising- or at least think about it!

Good luck,

Laura Stone x


*Note: Hi, I hope you enjoyed my first blog post to 'The Savvy Student.' I wanted to do about exam timetables because I know they came out recently. Please follow and come back for more blogs about beauty, school and life in general for students :) *

2 comments:

  1. Hey Laura!
    I love this idea and this post has become really useful, in the same position as you are now! Followed you on bloglovin', maybe we could collab one day?

    Parie xx
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      Sorry about the late reply but thanks so much for the nice comment :) Yeah I'd love to! If you're ever interested email me: laurastone200@gmail.com

      Laura xx

      Delete