Thursday 19 February 2015

Copenhagen in pictures

Okay, so I know this isn't sticking to my 'student' blog posts that I've talked about, and I promise this is a one off post. I have been travelling around some European cities recently and happened to be in Copenhagen at the time of the awful shootings.

I'm not going to rant about controversial issues but I thought I'd show a side of the city that hasn't been covered on the news (for obvious reasons.)

Seeing how much attention is on Copenhagen right now, it might be good to show how amazing the city actually is...




 



Whilst wandering around the city, it was not hard to find cutesy cafe's and shops run by welcoming residents. As well as an abundance of high street names you'll recognize (I couldn't believe how many H&Ms there were?!)
The food was divine- if sometimes questionable. I ate in some amazing local cafe's and restaurants throughout my stay and not once did I resort to McDonalds.

To say cycling was popular is an understatement. Everyone in Copenhagen seemed to be cycling.... and looking very stylish whilst doing it. This picture is not an unusual sight and I must say, the bikes &cyclists made the city seem a lot friendlier.


This is a picture of the palace in Copenhagen. It was open for everyone to look around (climbing the tower was free which is always a bonus.)


If you love towers and historic buildings, you'll be in heaven. On my short stay I climbed 3 towers and I'm sure if I was there longer, that count would've been a lot higher. And obviously the view from the top was breath taking.
 
 
The scenes at the synagogue were moving and touching and I think the amount of respect and emotion is a testimony to the amazing city that Copenhagen is.
 
My wishes are with those who lost loved ones, may they rest in peace.
 
I hope you enjoyed this post, I know it's a bit different but I thought I had such an amazing trip in a time where everyone's eyes are on Copenhagen, I should share my experiences.
 
Laura Stone x
 
*All photographs are my own*

 

No comments:

Post a Comment